Logicworks’ Solutions Architect (SA) will be responsible for comprehensive technical sales support for our Sales team. The SA must be highly-knowledgeable about the technical inputs to all of our services, which include: Complex managed hosting, Cloud Computing, Outsourced IT Infrastructure Solutions, Managed Database Services, and Professional Services.The position will encompass all aspects of managing the technical sale with the customer and aligning proposed solutions with the technical capabilities of the company to help drive revenue. Solutions Architects are the technical relationship through the sales cycle, and must understand customer requirements, lead the solution design, and participate in proposal responses. Solutions Architects are also responsible for learning from and providing feedback to the technical engineering team at Logicworks as part of product development and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have leadership traits and management experience to build out a team of SAs over time. In other words, this role will start as an individual contributor role with opportunity for advancement down the line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The duties of the SA are wide-ranging, including presentation of technologies, product demonstrations, answering technical questions, and customer requirements, collaborating with Engineering staff, and responding to RFPs. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience within the complex managed hosting, or virtualization industries.
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for Internet-centric business clients who desire outsourced infrastructure options to enhance their own technical capabilities
- Pre-sales design and implementation expertise in complex hosting, cloud computing and web application environments
- Field technical questions from prospects and clients
- Determine client requirements and provide designs for Complex managed hosting, Cloud Computing, Managed Database Solutions, and Managed Storage/Backup/DR
- Provide consultative services based on prospect’s requirements and available Logicworks product offerings
- Represent Logicworks’ technical capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influence customer expectations according to product and management capabilities and constraints
- Present Logicworks proposed solutions in a professional business environment, demonstrating salesmanship
- Develop and grow technical knowledge base on the entire Internet infrastructure stack
- Provide post-sale support to installation personnel as needed to clarify service expectations; including providing diagrams, verbal explanation, and written documentation
- Present technical training to new and existing sales and Sales Support personnel
- Meet and exceed management targets for number of customer contacts, number and complexity of sales opportunities supported, and training completed
- Provide technology consulting for internal contacts in Product Management and Marketing, and translate prospective customer requirements into recommendations for new or enhanced products and features
- Ensure compliance with all Policies and Procedures
- Complete understanding and mastery of the sales process
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Experience performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered needs
- Proven experience in architecting complex web and cloud solutions within enterprise accounts or accounts with mission-critical IT requirements
- Ability to document solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork within the various organizations of the company to serve the customer
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Capability to schedule time with flexibility to handle varying workload, and still meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient with common office applications, including MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Visio
- 5+ Years of success in designing complex managed hosting and/or cloud computing solutions to mission-critical accounts, preferably in the SaaS, Media & Entertainment, or Retail space
- Knowledge and at least 5 years experience in design of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures. Storage network experience is desirable.
- Knowledge and at least 5 years experience in configuration and support of Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems (ideally both) including remote management.
- Web application experience in Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), Apache/PHP, Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic, and JBoss as well as complimentary solutions such as Gomez/Keynote, Omniture, CDN/Caching, Social Networking, Content Management/Deployment, Load Testing etc.
- Preferred knowledge: Oracle, MySQL, MSFT SQL Server, Cisco, EMC/Isilon, Zeus Load Balancing, AlertLogic IDS, Cisco and open-source Security.
- BA / BS required; technical degree preferred, advanced degree a plus